Frequently Asked Questions
- How early should I get to the airport?Open or Close
Delta Airline recommends you arrive 2 hours prior to your domestic departure. CHECK IN IS NOT AVAILABLE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
- What are the airport’s hours of operation?Open or Close
Terminal lobby opens at 4:00 a.m. and closes approximately 1 hour after the last departure.
- What can I take in my carry on?Open or Close
Please check www.TSA.gov/traveler-information for items that allowed in your carry on.
- What items are prohibited in my carry on?Open or Close
Please check www.TSA.gov/traveler-information for item restrictions.
- How many bags can I carry on and what size?Open or Close
One small carry-on bag and one personal item such as a purse or laptop. Carry on bags cannot be over 40 pounds.
- How many bags can I check?Open or Close
A passenger is permitted two (2) checked bags but there is a $30 charge for the first bag and a $40 charge for the second bag ($70 for 2 bags). The weight restriction per bag is 50 lbs.
- What is the cost for parking?Open or Close
There is no charge for parking at Alpena County Regional Airport
- Can I leave my car parked at the airport?Open or Close
Yes, passengers are permitted to leave cars parked in airport parking lots.
- How long can I leave my car?Open or Close
The short term parking area in front of the terminal is for cars staying 1 – 3 days. The long term lot just north of the terminal is for cars staying from 4-days up to two weeks. Arrangements can be made through the airport administrative office for longer stays. Administrative office 989-354-2907 .
- Does the airport have a wheelchair available?Open or Close
Yes, the airport has a wheelchair available for those needing assistance. Make prior arrangements when booking ticket or call the local airline desk at 989-354-0551.
- Does the airport have a handicap accessible ramp?Open or Close
Yes, the airport has a handicap accessible ramp for those passengers unable to climb stairs. Please make prior arrangements when booking ticket or call the local airline desk at 989-354-0551.
- What is the 3-letter identifier for the airport?Open or Close
The 3-letter identifier for Alpena County Regional Airport is APN.
Still have a question ?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us.