Filming in Picturesque Alpena
Save time and save your budget with logistical help from the Alpena CVB, the official film office for Alpena and the surrounding Northeast Michigan area.
We are your One-Stop point of contact for all your needs:
- Location Scouting and Negotiation
- Production and Permitting Needs
- Municipal and Law Enforcement Assistance
- Lodging and Location Management
We work with the Michigan Film Office, Film Friendly Michigan, municipalities and the private sector to provide the services that you need to successfully complete your project.
- Several runway scenes were filmed at Alpena’s airport for Die Hard II starring Bruce Willis.
- 24 of the world’s best bass anglers, including Kevin VanDam, filmed an entire series of the Outdoor Channel’s Major League Fishing show on three of Alpena’s inland lakes. See our special guests tour Alpena > Sasquatch and Mike Iaconelli relax in the Sanctuary of the Great Lakes.
Alpena: charm, mystery, unique terrain, ocean-like scenes (without the sharks), forest, urban and industrial settings, and a helpful community.
Alpena is a quiet community located in northeast Michigan on the shores of Lake Huron and the Thunder Bay River.